Deputy Parish Clerk
The Parish Council are seeking a new Deputy Clerk to provide administrative support to the Parish Council and Parish Clerk.
The key duties include:
- Clerking two of the Councils Standing Committees, preparation of agendas and papers for meetings, taking minutes of Council meetings as required.
- Management of both regular and ad-hoc contractors.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring that the Parish Council operates in an efficient, cost effective and legal manner.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in administering the Parish Council’s finances.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring a good relationship is maintained with Parishioners.
- Deputising for the Parish Clerk as required.
The successful applicant will need to offer good written and verbal communication skills, a good understanding of IT systems (including the use of Microsoft Office software) and must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. You will also need the aptitude to learn the Parish Council’s policies and systems.
Experience in an administration role of a similar nature is essential including dealing with the public.
Knowledge of financial administration and project management would be desirable but not essential.
A full copy of our person specification can be found below:
Location: Parish Office, Kings Worthy Community Centre.
Hours: 37 hours per week - attendance of some evening meetings will be required. Additional hours may be required from time to time.
Holiday: 22 days + all public holidays
Salary: £23,625 - £24,928 [pro-rata] (depending on experience and skill set); paid monthly.
Pension: Access to the the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday 7th December 2022
To apply, please submit a completed application form and C.V. via email or post via the details below:
Interviews will be taking place between 12th - 16th December 2022.
The successful candidate would need to start as soon as possible (subject to notice periods).
For more information: Please contact the Clerk via email@example.com, via telephone on 01962 884150; or via post to
Parish Council Office
Kings Worthy Community Centre,
Winchester SO23 7PJ