Assistant Parish Clerk
The Parish Council are seeking a new Assistant Clerk to provide administrative support to the Parish Council and Parish Clerk.
The key duties include:
- Clerking two of the Councils Standing Committees, preparation of agendas and papers for meetings, taking minutes of Council meetings as required.
- Management of both regular and ad-hoc contractors.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring that the Parish Council operates in an efficient, cost effective and legal manner.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in administering the Parish Council’s finances.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring a good relationship is maintained with Parishioners.
- Deputising for the Parish Clerk as required.
The successful applicant will need to offer good written and verbal communication skills, a good understanding of IT systems (including the use of Microsoft Office software) and must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. You will also need the aptitude to learn the Parish Council’s policies and systems.
Experience in an administration role is essential.
Knowledge of financial administration and project management would be desirable but not essential.
Location: Parish Office, Kings Worthy Community Centre.
Hours: 20 hours per week worked over a minimum of 3 days (attendance of some evening meetings will be required). Additional hours may be required from time to time.
Holiday: 21 days + all public holidays (pro-rata)
Salary: £18,740 – £23,032 [pro-rata] (depending on experience and skill set).
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday 18th August 2021.
To apply, please submit a completed application form and C.V. via email or post via the details below:
Interviews will be taking place between 25th – 27th August 2021
The successful candidate would need to start in Early-mid September 2021
For more information: Please contact the Clerk via firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone on 01962 884150; or via post to
Parish Council Office
Kings Worthy Community Centre,
Winchester SO23 7PJ