Deputy Parish Clerk
The Parish Council are seeking a new Deputy Clerk to provide administrative support to the Parish Council and Parish Clerk.
The key duties include:
- Clerking two of the Councils Standing Committees, preparation of agendas and papers for meetings, taking minutes of Council meetings as required.
- Management of both regular and ad-hoc contractors.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring that the Parish Council operates in an efficient, cost effective and legal manner.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in administering the Parish Council’s finances.
- Assisting the Parish Clerk in ensuring a good relationship is maintained with Parishioners.
- Deputising for the Parish Clerk as required.
The successful applicant will need to offer good written and verbal communication skills, a good understanding of IT systems (including the use of Microsoft Office software) and must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. You will also need the aptitude to learn the Parish Council’s policies and systems.
Experience in an administration role of a similar nature is essential including dealing with the public.
Knowledge of financial administration and project management would be desirable but not essential.
Location: Parish Office, Kings Worthy Community Centre.
Hours: 37 hours per week – attendance of two evening meetings per month will be required. Additional hours may be required from time to time.
Holiday: 22 days + all public holidays
Salary: £23,625 – £24,928 (depending on experience and skill set) + pension contributions (LGPS); salary is paid monthly.
Pension offered: Local Government Pension Scheme
Applications should be submitted by 4pm on Friday 17th March 2023.
Interviews will be taking place from the 20th March onwards. Candidates will also be expected to complete a basic Microsoft Excel & Word test which will be marked as part of the selection process.
The successful candidate would need to start as soon as possible (subject to notice periods).
If you would like to apply, then please send a copy of your C.V. and job application to the email address or postal address below.