Terms & conditions for use of Tubbs Hall wi-fi
- Kings Worthy Parish Council cannot be held responsible for the privacy or security of your activities. It is strongly recommended that you take due care when transmitting confidential information such as credit card details over the internet. For further information about online security, visit Get Safe Online
- Kings Worthy Parish Council cannot be held responsible for any losses resulting from sending confidential information via the internet nor from the non-availability of web sites for any reason.
- Kings Worthy Parish Council assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Wi-Fi facility. Use of the Wi-Fi facility is entirely at your own risk, and Kings Worthy Parish Council will not accept any liability for any loss of any kind that may arise from use of such equipment on the Wi-Fi facility.
Your responsibilities as a user
You are responsible for the protection of your equipment (e.g. antivirus, firewall, Operating System updates). Parish Council staff cannot provide any assistant with the configuration your device or wireless connection apparatus adapter. Kings Worthy Parish Council cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to your equipment or hardware through your failure to protect it through appropriate software or by incomplete security settings.
- We reserve the right to monitor your computer usage, and ban users who are behaving unacceptably. You must not;
- Break the Law e.g. illegal downloads, altering official documents
- Search for offensive / pornographic sites on the internet
- Access extremist / terrorist materials
- Mistreat the computer equipment either physically or attempt any unauthorised access to Kings Worthy Parish Council's systems or networks
- Use the internet antisocially (e.g. to distribute offensive messages, spam or attempt to crack other systems / networks)
- Watch streamed TV/content at locations not covered by a TV licence (Tubbs Hall does not have a TV licence).
- Any breach of this policy may result in us reporting this to the appropriate authority.
- When taking print outs or saving your work, you are responsible for remaining within copyright law.
- You should be considerate of other users of the service, and not make excessive noise or mistreat our equipment.
- If you are epileptic, or have any other illness that may be affected by using a computer, please consult your doctor for advice on using computer equipment
You will indemnify and defend Kings Worthy Parish Council against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge and accept that that Kings Worthy Council has no control over the nature or content of information or programs transmitted or received by you using this Wi-Fi service and that Kings Worthy Parish Council does not examine in any way the use to which the user puts this Wi-Fi service.
You agree to fully indemnify Kings Worthy Council against any claims or legal proceedings arising in connection with your use of this Wi-Fi service which are brought or threatened against Kings Worthy Council by any other person.